Monday, February 26, 2007

1,248 Stitches

Yesterday I cast on 624 stitches not once but twice. My mother and I went to Rosie's Yarn Cellar on Saturday where I bought some lovely Jaggerspun Zephyr in an aubergine color. I have about 2300+ yards to work on a shawl from Victorian Lace Today. I'm in love with the the Three-cornered shawl in clover pattern and am determined to knit it.

The first time I used the loop cast-on as suggested in the book. Well I've never liked that cast-on and this did nothing to change my mind. The second time around, I used a cable cast-on which made it much easier to begin the first row. However while knitting the first row, just before I reached the middle marker I lost about 10-15 stitches and could not get them back on the needle in any way I liked.

Tomorrow will be 1,872 stitches and counting. Perhaps I'll try a crochet cast-on, just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment